- OVERALL: Squee! I made sure we saw this on opening day I was so excited for it. It did not disappoint. Ok, it could have been longer…
- POINTS: Gina Carano. I mean like wow. I understand why Steven Soderbergh though making a movie about her would be a good idea. He went and made an old fashion spy action flick and it worked. It was so gratifying to see a woman action star who looked like she could beat the nonsense out of her male co-stars. I mean Angelina is great, but she’s a twig. Now Gina is all muscle and looks like she can not only throw a lethal punch but take one as well. This is a duh since she is a mixed martial arts fighter. When she fights the guys you do think, “Well dude, you are truly done for.”Oh and the movie is well made too. Good acting from everyone all around. 🙂
- PITFALLS: I would have liked to have seen more women in the movie. One thing that movies do to show off a woman is to have her surrounded by men. Well that is nice, but it would have been fun to see other women in the movie even if they had minor interaction with the screen and/or our heroine. Ok, there is one other woman at the end, but since she is a trophy wife, well it would have been good to see someone else also.
- FEMALE CHARACTER(S): Uh yeah, Mallory, rock it! She was awesome.
- CULTURAL PITFALL(S): Well there were white people in this movie. I don’t remember seeing other colors around. Hmm… That could have been changed by having different colored faces in the background at least.
- HIGH POINT(S): Just watching Gina eat up the screen and show her power was awesome. I have watched this many times and will watch it again. And again.
- DVD/BLU-RAY WORTHY: Yes! In fact Hubby bought it on Blu-Ray but I also got it on DVD so I can play it on all of our machines. 🙂
- LION PAW PRINTS: 4. Really love this one. I could watch it for days.