- OVERALL: OMG this was scary. Quite possibly the scariest movie I’ve ever seen. Or didn’t see, I should say. I spent 50% of the movie hiding behind my hands. I even plugged my ears at one time. I almost asked my husband to tell me when certain parts were over and I even thought about leaving the theater! Yup, it was that scary!
- POINTS: Daniel Radcliffe along with the entire cast. The film was beautiful, well acted, and scared the sense out of me. This movie used all kinds of scare techniques and didn’t rely on just one. Sometimes you saw things through the Woman in Black’s eyes, sometimes through another character. Sometimes you saw the Woman in Black, sometimes you didn’t. In some horror movies you can feel the scary timing rhythm. Not in this one. You never knew when you were going to be scared. And even when you did it didn’t help any. Excellent horror movie making everyone!
- PITFALLS: Hmmm…. Can’t think of any. Sure I would have liked to have seen a prominent woman, other than the scary one, but wow, the flick was good! I scare easily but I usually get angry at ghosts/demons in movies and want to thrash them. However I was way to scared in this movie to even think about getting angry.
- FEMALE CHARACTER(S): Nope, didn’t really have any. But then again the Woman in Black was so freaking scary that I must say kudos to her. I’m not really sure I know what she looks like, though I can tell you what my hands look like in greater detail thanks to this movie. Though I must admit I think spirits that don’t pass over are very selfish and need a good thrashing. Though it won’t be me doing it in this flick.
- CULTURAL PITFALL(S): Well this did take place in Victorian England so sexism and racism were rampant. The movie doesn’t try to be anything other than a horror movie so the elements of sexism and racism were not looked at.
- HIGH POINT(S): Wow. This movie was so well made. Everyone involved in it should be proud. Plus it was really fun to see Daniel Radcliffe as an adult man with wife and child. He is quite a sexy young man and I believed that he was a husband and father.
- DVD/BLU-RAY WORTHY: Yup. Got the whole kit and kaboodle with digital copy as well. Haven’t watched it at home, yet.
- LION PAW PRINTS: 4. Who knows, maybe one day I will be able to watch the whole thing without having my hands over my eyes.
- HUBBY’S HORROR RATING: 5. I was going to rate this a 4, but Hubby said no, it was a 5. He also agrees that it was the scariest movie he had ever see and still remembers the pain. Now I’m glad I didn’t hold his hand the whole time!! The pain level might have been a 6!