300: Rise of An Empire
I feel like I am going to take a cue from Tammy B Blunck and make this short. My review is:
- I loved Gorgo! See poster below!
- Artemisia has NOTHING to do with the historical character and they made her an oversexed villain which is like oh good grief grow-up and do something different. That is stupid outdated trope. I mean she is such a cool historical figure WHY DID THEY MESS WITH HER?!?!?!
- They couldn’t copy Zach Snyder’s direction style from the original 300, which is sad but Zach is master of his visual storytelling style.
- Loved the flashbacks from 300.
- Gorgo narrates a lot and makes a cool appearance at the end.
If you like it, great. If you want to see it, go ahead. If you felt meh, well I’m right there with ya’. It could have been great.
- 300: Rise of an Empire – IMDB
- 300: Rise of an Empire – Wikipedia
- Artemisia – Ancient Encyclopedia
- Artemisia – Livius.org
300: Rise of an Empire – Official Trailer 1 [HD]