Hello and Merry Christmas! Also Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Fabulous Winter Solstice, and Great Whatever You Celebrate.
So today’s celebratory post will be about Christmas movie/TV watching. Hubby and I have prepared a list and as of now have finished two of the shows.
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I reviewed this a few weeks ago here. Love, love, love this movie. I realized as I watched it again that my face was aching from smiling so much.
2. Hogfather. I’m a huge Terry Pratchett fan. His Discworld novels are great. If you haven’t read them go now and get some and read! Pratchett’s world – Discworld – is a flat circle on four elephants on a turtle that swims through space. Oh yeah. Plus magic exists there. Pratchett writes wonderful fantasy novels that are humorous and great. Hogfather is the Discworld equivalent of Santa Claus. This show is a TV movie from the UK and first aired in the UK in 2007. I read the book every Christmas time – now I’m going to be sure to watch the movie as well. Hogfather – IMDB.
3. Frozen. Awww. I LOVE Frozen. I know don’t care what you’re going to say, this is a wonderful movie. I love snow and all of the beautiful snow and colors in this movie just make my heart happy. Plus you can hear the snow crunching as the characters walk and that just makes me so happy I can barely describe it.
Since I think the song “Let It Go” is the best 3:40 in movie history, I shall share it with you below. Thank YouTube and Disney. 🙂
4. Rare Exports. OMG. If Rare Exports doesn’t make you laugh, you certainly won’t enjoy Hogfather. Do you know where Santa comes from? Time to educate yourself.
5. Die Hard and Die Hard 2. Yes Die Hard is a classic Christmas movie for many. Excellent taste in holiday movie watching people. I mean who doesn’t want some great action and movie sequences to warm the holiday heart? As Hubby likes to point out Die Hard 2 needs to be elevated to Christmas watching status as it is also really centered around the Christmas holiday.
Music Video: Pentatonix – Little Drummer Boy. Pentatonix is an a cappella group with wonderful videos, songs, and energies. I’m a fan. The Little Drummer Boy is my favorite Christmas carol and I LOVE their version. Watch below and enjoy.
Comic. Finally, I would like to salute my beloved academic career with a PhD Comics for this season: PHD Comics: Holiday – Alone in the Lab. Very funny. True for many. And yes I will be working on my duties for next semester during break too. 🙂
So have a wonderful holiday everyone. May all your dreams come true and may the world find abundance and joy. I mean it. 🙂
Oh and Happy Hogswatch!