- OVERALL: Hubby looked at me at the end of this movie and said “This was a perfect movie.” It is true. This is a perfect, wonderful movie.
- POINTS: Fierce little girl who fights for her guy, loves fantasy novels with female heroines, and takes matter into her own hand. Oh and that is just the beginning! Fantastic cinematography, sound, and script. It totally deserves the Academy Award nomination for Best Screenplay.
- PITFALLS: Hmmmm….. It would have been fun to see more girls being fierce but yeah, I love this movie and I had to go digging for that.
- FEMALE CHARACTER(S): Suzy!! The fierce little girl I wrote about earlier. 🙂 Plus her mom is a lawyer, and since the movie takes place in 1965 that is extra cool.
- CULTURAL PITFALL(S): Very much a slice of life, albeit an askewed slice, from the ’60s. Now the only color of people is white, but I think the movie is really focusing on the New England set so that must be why. It would have bene fun to see other colors though.
- HIGH POINT(S): Fierce little girl who fights for her guy, loves fantasy novels with female heroines, and takes matter into her own hand. I just can’t say enough. [SPOILER ALERT] I LOVE IT when Suzy is the one who attacks the bully of her sweetie. She protects him! LOVE IT! How often do you get to see that? Not enough for me and I was thrilled to see it here.
- BECHDEL TEST (Website): 3 of 3. Hooray!! Yet another reason to love this flick. http://bechdeltest.com/view/3348/moonrise_kingdom/
- DVD/BLU-RAY WORTHY: Oh my yes!!! I own all versions of this. Hubby loves this movie too. We have watched it several times already. 🙂
- LION PAW PRINTS: Five of five. Yes, please, bury me with this movie. I will watch it forever.