Hooray! The first ever Chick Flicking Review for TV!!!
The time has come. I love movies and I certainly love TV so it is time to start reviewing TV too! I will use the same criteria for TV as I do for movies. So here goes!
- OVERALL: This show is so good. Hubby and I both love it! Thank goodness Netflix has it on Instant View. Watching it right now.
- POINTS: Grace. Oh my the character Grace is fantastic! It is so refreshing to have a women in her 60s be a lead in a show and be the heart and soul of it as well. And then goodness the incredible ensemble writing and acting! Amazing! Writers and actors can take a lesson from this show. Oh and the twists and turns in the plot and character development – magnificent! This show is top notch all around. Every character is intricate and all of the characters and actors work well together. So awesome!
- PITFALLS: Netflix doesn’t have all of the seasons and I neither does any other American channel. Argh!
- FEMALE CHARACTER(S): Yes! We have Mel and Grace and Frankie! They are all smart, capable, and have great dialogue. The real jewel is Grace. She is a senior woman who is a profiler. She is part mother, part Jiminy Cricket for the main male lead. She is amazing! Watch the show for her alone.
- CULTURAL PITFALL(S):
- HIGH POINT(S): OMG Grace! And all of it. Plus the writing and ensemble acting is superb. Magnificent!
- BECHDEL TEST (Website): Though not on their site, I would give this a 3 out of 3. The women of this show talk about cases NOT boyfriends. 🙂
- OFFICIAL MOVIE WEBSITE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006r9ys OMG!!! There are now nine seasons?!?! I have catching up to do!!!!
- DVD/BLU-RAY WORTHY: Yes! I’ve been watching these on Netflix, but oh my I should so get them on DVD.
- LION PAW PRINTS: 5 of 5. It isn’t often I watch a show over and over again and love the depth of it over and over again. 🙂 In fact I tell Hubby this show is like chocolate covered potato chips – you CAN’T eat just one.