- OVERALL: I love this movie!!! I am transported to a Whedonesque* world where the dialogue is snappy, smart, and fun. Good action and great female characters!!!!
- POINTS: Oh where to begin! I think I drank in every second of this movie as it was good for my soul. A comedy horror movie
- PITFALLS: Where’s the sequel? Oh and I think people have decided to hate Megan Fox, which I think is totally unfair and sexist, and therefore didn’t see this flick. You all missed out. Go see it!
- FEMALE CHARACTER(S): Yes! This movie did not disappoint! I watched the previews and thought “Oooo this looks like fun!! Two female characters carrying this movie!” I was not disappointed. In fact, i like all of the characters in the movie. Chip the boyfriend is utterly adorable.
- CULTURAL PITFALL(S): Nope. Can’t think of any. Like every good Whedonesque show cultural sexist nonsense is set on its head.
- HIGH POINT(S): [SPOILER ALERTS] 1. “I go both ways.” – Jennifer. 2. In reference to breasts “These are like smart bombs. You just point them and shit gets real.” – Jennifer. 3. The band getting theirs in the end. 4. Needy becoming a bad ass. 5. Usual sexist come on and attack lines delivered by women instead. An eye-opener.
- BECHDEL TEST (Website): 3 out of 3!! Of course! I mean how could it not? It was great to see many men, as well as women characters, have lots of in-depth conversations. Score! http://bechdeltest.com/view/643/jennifer’s_body/
- OFFICIAL MOVIE WEBSITE: There isn’t one that I can find. 😦
- DVD/BLU-RAY WORTHY: Goodness yes!!! I watch it a lot and love sharing it with my friends. 🙂 So far they like it to. (They’d better.)
- LION PAW PRINTS: 4 of 5. I love this flick!!!
For horror movies only: HUBBY’S HORROR RATING. This was a low-rating movie in terms of terror but a high rating movie in terms of utter and complete enjoyment. No arm pain, but lots of fun.
*Whedonesque refers to Joss Whedon. He is utterly amazing. 🙂 Whedon Google Search.